Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
click now I am mildly obsessed with Chipotle’s cilantro rice, so I decided to try to make my own version, add some beans and put it in a pepper. I am not a huge fan of meat, but you could always add ground turkey, chicken or beef to these if you would like.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons of fresh cilantro washed and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup of long grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon of EVOO
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 2 limes
- Greek Yogurt
- Salsa (optional)
1. Cut off tops of bell peppers and clean out insides.
2. Combine rice, water and EVOO in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
3. Squeeze limes and set juice aside.
4. When rice is cooked, gently stir in beans, cilantro and lime juice. Fill each pepper with this mixture.
5. Top with Greek yogurt or salsa.